Teacher Education Stream (B.A. or B.Sc.)
Guaranteed entry into Trent’s competitive two-year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) program upon successful completion of all requirements with a minimum average of 80%.
Prepare yourself for success in and beyond the classroom. In Trent’s Teacher Education Stream you will work towards your dream of becoming a teacher by building a solid foundation for your teachables by completing a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science while also taking courses and participating in workshops and placements that will help you build a strong application for Teachers College. The result is a degree that brings together theoretical and practical knowledge, and is the best pathway for students who know that they want to become teachers.
- Education-related placements in EVERY year of the program, starting in year one, in schools, day cares, senior centres, libraries, and more
- Specialized courses in teacher education throughout your undergrad degree
- Workshops that address current issues in education, or enrol in the Impact program to gain additional leadership experience
- Eco-Mentorship Certificate Program and show your future principal you are committed to bringing environmental education to your students
Teacher; Child Care Worker; Educational Author; Publisher; Curriculum Developer; Educational Researcher; Outdoor Educator
Understanding Teaching and Learning; Concepts and Dispositions in Teaching and Learning; Learning and Literacy; Topics in Mathematics Education; A STEAM Driven Classroom.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
- 75% overall average
- Applicant Profile required: trentu.ca/education (For dates and deadlines visit trentu.ca/applicants)
- A 4U Math for B.Sc. recommended