Marketing & Entrepreneurship (Post-Graduate Certificate)
Post-graduate program is now accepting applications for Fall 2017
Are you interested in starting your own business, patenting an idea, or working in a corporation or small enterprise? In a world that thrives off of innovation, creative thinking and savvy ideas, this program will help you develop your business acumen and better prepare you for a rewarding career in marketing, sales, product development or brand management. You will explore everything you need to know about the strategic implementation of ideas from the incubation phase to the marketplace. Topics such as entrepreneurship, marketing, branding, and advertising will be covered in order to provide you with the foundational tools to start a business, pursue a passion for research and innovation, or simply to improve marketability to potential employers. This intensive postgraduate certificate program is open to students who hold an undergraduate degree from any accredited university. The certificate can be taken full-time or part-time and can be completed in as little as one year.
Are you a 2017 Trent graduate?
As a 2017 Trent grad, you qualify for direct admission to our new post-graduate certificate in Marketing & Entrepreneurship. No need to apply. Registering is easy – just send a confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your Trent University account. We will also waive the application fee.
For more information about this special offer call 1-888-739-8885.
New for fall 2016 and offered at both Trent’s campuses in Peterborough and Durham, this intensive post-graduate certificate program is open to students who hold an undergraduate degree from any accredited university. The certificate can be taken full-time or part-time and can be completed in as little as one year.
This program will be of interest to recent graduates wishing to acquire good business acumen in the area of entrepreneurship and marketing. Graduates from sciences, social sciences, and the humanities will find the courses particularly engaging should they wish to start their own business, market an innovation, or patent a recent idea or product. The strategic implementation of ideas from the incubation phase to the marketplace is also explored.
The new postgraduate certificate in Marketing & Entrepreneurship at Trent covers such topics as entrepreneurship, marketing, branding, and advertising, which will provide graduates with the foundational tools to start a business, pursue a passion for research and innovation, or simply to improve marketability to potential employers.
Candidates who have an undergraduate degree from an accredited university can get more information about application procedure.
Application Procedure for Trent Graduates
If you are currently studying at Trent or are a recent graduate different procedures apply – email email@example.com stating your interest in the Marketing & Entrepreneurship Certificate and which campus you wish to attend (Durham or Peterborough).
The Certificate program consists of the following 5.0 credits:
1.5 ADMN credits consisting of:
- ADMN 2080H.
- ADMN 2100H.
- ADMN 3420H.
3.5 ADMN credits from:
- ADMN 2010H.
- ADMN 3021H.
- ADMN 3150H.
- ADMN 3160H.
- ADMN 3170H.
- ADMN 3430H.
- ADMN 3441H.
- ADMN 3750H.
- ADMN 3870H.
- ADMN 2010H: Management Skills.
- ADMN 2080H: Managerial and Market Research.
- ADMN 2100H: Intro to Marketing.
- ADMN 3021H: Fundamentals of Management Accounting.
- ADMN 3150H: Advertising.
- ADMN 3160H: Branding.
- ADMN 3170H: Introduction to Retail Marketing.
- ADMN 3420H: Entrepreneurship.
- ADMN 3430H: New Venture Planning and Design.
- ADMN 3441H: Social Enterprise and Social Innovation.
- ADMN-COIS 3750H: Online Marketing.
- ADMN 3870H: Internship.
- For individual course descriptions, see Business Administration (p. 47 of the Academic Calendar). Visit academic timetable for information on when courses will be scheduled in 2016/17.
- Transfer credits: only 1.0 credit may be used towards the certificate. The courses for transfer credit may be from Trent or another accredited university provided a minimum grade of 60% has been achieved.
- Attention graduates of Seneca's Advanced Diploma is Business Administration: Entrepreneurship and Small Business - you are eligble to submit an application to this program. More information about Marketing and Entrepreneurship program.