Business Administration and Financial Analytics Dual Post-Graduate Certificate
Earn two postgraduate certificates and graduate prepared to deliver the business skills sought after by employers.
This intensive postgraduate, dual-certificate program is open to students who hold an undergraduate degree from any accredited university. Immerse yourself in developing in-demand skills in business administration as well as financial analytics. Designed for students who would like to supplement their skills with further undergraduate courses concentrating in these two business areas.
Graduates of this program will receive both a postgraduate certificate in Business Administration (5.0 credits) and a postgraduate certificate in Financial Analytics (4.0 credits).
Entry Term: September 2023, then September 2024, on the Trent Durham campus only.
To complete the 4 terms students will study in the fall and winter, take the summer off, then study fall and winter. There is no option for 4 consecutive terms.
Duration: Available for full time studies only
Program Completion Requirements: Completion of 9.0 credits as specified
Applying for this postgraduate certificate at Trent University is easy. Apply online or learn more here.
Students must have completed an undergraduate degree from an accredited university.
Graduating from Trent this year with your undergraduate degree?
As a 2023 Trent grad*, you qualify for direct admission to this postgraduate certificate. No need to pay to apply. Registering is easy – just send a confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your Trent University account. We will also waive the application fee. For more information about this special offer, visit call 1-888-739-8885.
*this certificate is meant for non-Business program graduates, as there is too much course overlap for graduates of Trent’s BBA program.
For more information visit our Admissions webpage
To apply to this post-graduate certificate, please complete this application form.
Courses Postgraduate Certificate Business Administration
The Certificate program consists of the following 5.0 credits:
- 4.5 ADMN credits consisting of ADMN 1221H, 2010H, 2100H, 2220H, 2410H, 3021H, 3200H, 3250H and 3550H
- 0.5 ECON credits consisting of ECON 2200H
- A minimum cumulative average of 65% is required to complete the certificate.
- For students pursuing the Financial Analytics and Business Administration certificates concurrently, ECON 2200H is the same content as MATH 1051H and 1052H so students will substitute ADMN 3550H Operations Management to meet the requirements of the Business Administration certificate.
Courses Postgraduate Certificate Financial Analytics
The Certificate program consists of the following 4.0 credits:
– 1.5 ECON credits consisting of ECON 1010H, 1020H, and 3020H
– 1.0 MATH credit consisting of MATH 1051H and 1052H
– 1.5 ECON-MATH credits consisting of FINA 4101H, 4102H, and 4103H
– A minimum cumulative average of 65% is required to complete the certificate
It is important to register in your courses without delay and prior to your arrival!
For help with course registration, use the how to guides at:
Trent International also provides the following helpful information:
New Student Course Registration:
For support with new student course registration,
visit our website for next steps.
New International Student Webpage:
Visit our New International Student Website to determine your next steps after you have completed course registration.
Breakdown of courses by terms
Students are to follow the schedule of courses by term as outlined below for full-time studies. We cannot guarantee course availability if students do not follow the recommended course sequencing. Students who fail to adhere to the recommended schedule may not be able to complete their certificate program within the scheduled number of terms and students may have to return to complete an additional term. Additionally, if you are studying in the summer term, that means you must be registered in courses in both summer terms (S61 and S62).
Term 1 (fall only)
- MATH 1051H Non-Calculus Statistics I
- ECON 1010H Micro-Economics
- ADMN 2010H Introduction to Management Skills
- ADMN 2220H Organizational Behaviour
- ADMN 2100H Introduction to Marketing
Term 2 (winter only)
- ECON 1020H Macro-Economics
- MATH 1052H Non-Calculus Statistics II
- ADMN 1221H Financial Accounting
- ADMN 3250H Legal Environment of Business
Term 3 (fall only)
- FINA 4101H Options and Futures
- FINA 4102H Portfolio and Risk Management
- ADMN 3021H Fundamentals of Managerial Accounting
- ADMN 2410H Communications in Organizations
Term 4 (winter only)
- ECON 3020H Financial Economics
- FINA 4103H Financial Econometrics
- ADMN 3550H Operations Management
- ADMN 3200H Financial Management
- ADMN 2610H Personal Finance
For students who have accepted their offer of admission and have questions about registering in their courses or life at Trent, please email email@example.com.
Application to Graduate from the Certificate
At the beginning of your last term, when you believe you are ready to graduate, you can submit the Application to Graduate form found in myTrent under Academics → Forms. You should apply as soon as your course registration for your final term is finalized (early in Summer term if you are graduating in September; early in the Fall term if you are graduating in January; early in the Winter term if you are graduating in Spring). The deadline to apply to graduate can be found in the Academic Calendar site under Important Dates, as well as at Important Dates & Deadlines.
Convocation ceremonies for students who graduated during the last year (September, January and Spring) are held the first week of June. Please visit Convocation site for the most up-to-date information.