Business Administration (B.B.A.) Single major
Prepare for your CPA designation, your HRPA designation, or springboard to an M.B.A., benefiting from the knowledge and expertise of a dedicated community of business leaders and mentors.
You want to become an innovative business leader or entrepreneur. No other program will help you get there better than Trent’s exclusive Bachelor of Business Administration. By examining corporate, self-employment, online, small business and other business models, you’ll learn the fundamentals of leadership and management, gaining a deep understanding of the organization of business and its role in today’s highly-digital world.
Students can pursue a single major in business and elect to add a specialization if they wish. Adding a specialization is not required.
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems & E-Commerce
- Marketing & Consumer Culture
- 100 hours of hands-on professional experience working with leading business sector companies and organizations through our popular for-credit internship course
- Undertake a community-based research projects with local businesses
- Network with industry experts and organizations through opportunities including the Prosperity Business Tradeshow and Global Entrepreneurship Week
- Compete in local and national business competitions, including Jeux du Commerce, Pitch It, Durham Ideas Den, Bears’ Lair Entrepreneurial Competition
- Corporate, Small-Business and Not-for-Profit Leadership
- Human Resources
- Financial Analyst
- Equity Analyst
- Investment Banking
- Asset Management
- Business Consulting
- Business Management
- Indigenous Business Development
- Public Relations
- Arts Administration
- Management Skills
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Leadership, Training and Development: A Cross-Cultural Approach
- Strategic Management
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
- 4U Math Required
Courses for single major in Business:
The BBA Honours program. 20.0 credits including the following 11.5 credits:
- 6.5 ADMN credits consisting of ADMN 1000H, 1221H, 2010H, 2100H, 2220H, 2230H, 2510H, 3021H, 3200H, 3300H, 3400H, 4030H, and 4101H
- 3.0 ADMN credits at the 3000 level or beyond in addition to the above
- 2.0 ECON credits consisting of ECON 1010H, 1020H, 2200H, and 2250H
- Link to university calendar for more information
It is important you draft a course plan for your studies at Trent. By developing a course plan, you ensure you have the required pre-requisite courses to register in the courses you are interested in as well as meet the requirements to graduate.
First year - Students should complete all required ADMN and ECON first year level required courses.
Second year - Students should complete all required ADMN and ECON second year level courses.
Over third and fourth year, students should complete all required ADMN third and fourth year level courses.
Fourth year – Consider applying for the placement course ADMN 4870H (minimum 72% cumulative average required) and secure an experiential learning position with a local agency.
Current Durham campus students, if you have advising questions visit https://www.trentu.ca/durham/academics/academicadvising
If you have Department questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org