Become a Global Ambassador
Support New International Students at Trent!
What is the Global Ambassador Program?
The Global Ambassador program, run by Trent International, is a mentorship and guidance program aimed at easing the transition of international students coming to Trent. It achieves this goal by pairing experienced upper-year international students like yourself with a group of incoming international students from across the globe where you can act as their mentors and first contact at Trent. Global Ambassadors use their own experiences to guide incoming students as soon as they are registered and throughout their first-year to ensure they have a positive transition to life in Canada.
Applications for the 2021-2022 academic year are now closed. Want to apply to become a GA in the future? The interview process typically begins in November of each year.
- ESL Ambassadors (3)
- Global Ambassadors - Peterborough Campus (17)
- Global Ambassadors - Durham Campus (3)
- Must be a Trent University Student
- Must qualify as an international student. (ESL, Undergraduate, Graduate & Mature.)
- Must be in your 2nd or 3rd year of study.
- Must be available for a year-round contract, running from November to November.
- Must be willing to contribute 2.5-3 hours a week towards the program.
- Must be willing to answer emails over the weekend and summer months.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to support and give back to the Trent International community.
- Build your resume by developing communication and leadership skills.
- A verified position that can be added to the Co-Curricular record.
- Potential for a future job reference, based on work performance.
- Connecting with students from across the globe and making new friends.
- Share your experience of coming to Trent with new students, acting as their mentor or role model.
- Develop relevant virtual communication and support skills.
- Opportunity to learn about different cultures.