Trent Safe Arrival Protocol
Making a Plan to Arrive Safely in Canada
Prior to departure to Canada, you must complete the following requirements:
- Read our Trent Safe Arrival Protocol
- Ensure you have adequate health insurance coverage the day of your arrival
- Ensure you have pre-arranged private transit arrangements from airport to place of quarantine
- Make a quarantine plan
- Submit quarantine plan to the Trent University Quarantine Registry to have it approved by our team
- Print and carry quarantine plan
- Print and carry supporting documentation
- Print and carry Safe Arrival Supporting Letter from Trent University
- Once quarantine plan is approved, submit quarantine plan to ArriveCAN app
The instructions are detailed below, please read thoroughly.
- First, please find the Trent Safe Arrival Protocol attached here (updated November 3, 2020). Read it thoroughly and understand regulations, expectations, and options. The Trent Safe Arrival Protocol provides details of your options to arrive safely in Canada as a Trent University student.
- Ensure you have adequate health insurance coverage the day of your arrival - more information can be found in the Trent Safe Arrival Protocol
- Ensure you have pre-arranged private transit arrangements prior to departure to Canada - more information can be found in the Trent Safe Arrival Protocol
- Trent students planning on entering Canada must register their plan in the Trent University Quarantine Plan Registry. The registry is mandatory for all Trent University students entering Canada from abroad. This information allows us to help prepare for your arrival and ensure your plan meets the Government of Canada regulations to avoid being denied entry. The Trent University Quarantine Plan Registry includes a pledge of compliance and provides space for students to outline their in-depth 14-day quarantine plan. Students must accept their offer before submitting their plan.
- To assist you with your quarantine plan, find a Quarantine Plan Supplement and Template here. Use this as a guide. All information from your Quarantine Plan will be required for the Trent University Quarantine Plan Registry.
- Print and carry your quarantine plan. Once you submit your plan to the Trent University Quarantine Plan Registry, there will be an option to download your plan as a PDF.
- Print and carry any supporting documentation: passport, valid study permit, hotel reservation, Housing Agreement, shuttle reservation, etc.
- Print and carry Safe Arrival Supporting Letter from Trent University - sent to your Trent Email. The email was titled "Trent Safe Arrival Protocol and Quarantine Registry". This email is sent to our newly registered students once per week. If you do not have this email, first check Trent spam folder, and then contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit your approved plan on the ArriveCAN app 48 hours prior to departure to Canada for the Government of Canada.
NOTE: You will be required to complete a COVID-19 test once your 14-day quarantine period is complete. Please consult the Trent Safe Arrival Protocol for more information.