Information for 2022 Graduates
Convocation represents the culmination of your years of hard work, passion and commitment. The Trent community is proud of you and looks forward to celebrating your achievements.
Trent is planning for in-person ceremonies in the spring on June 2, 2022 at the Tribute Communities Centre for Trent Durham GTA, and from June 6 – 10, 2022 in Peterborough. In addition, we are planning ceremonies for the graduates of 2020 and 2021 that were affected by the pandemic, dates to be confirmed. All ceremonies will follow the COVID-19 protocols in place by Trent University and Peterborough Public Health. For more information on those protocols please consult the Trent Forward website.
Updates will be posted here and on the Trent Durham Convocation page as it is confirmed. Students check your Trent email for updates in 2022.
Complete Your Degree and Apply to Graduate
Graduation refers to successfully completing the requirements of your program.
- Check to make sure you've completed all that you need for your degree, diploma, or certificate. You must meet both the general university requirements and your specific program requirements. These are outlined in the Academic Calendar. For an audit of your requirements and to ensure that you are on track to graduate, it's recommended that you can start with the Do It Yourself Degree Check and then connect with an Academic Advisor.
- You must Apply to Graduate to receive your degree/diploma/certificate. Undergraduate students must apply by April 8, 2022, for their names to appear in the convocation listings (printed program or document on the website).
- The Application to Graduate can only be completed once. If there are any changes after completing it, contact the Registrar's Office.
For more information on graduation for undergraduate students: trentu.ca/registrar/records-registration/graduation or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for graduate students: trentu.ca/graduatestudies/graduate-program-degree-completion or contact email@example.com
Get Professional Graduation Photos
Graduation photos are a wonderful memento of your years of hard work. The following companies have contracts with Trent student associations. They have a full supply of Trent’s unique gowns and hoods and offer props such as scrolls, flowers or hats (although hats are not worn at Trent convocation ceremonies). Please note that regalia is provided to graduates at in-person ceremonies (you do not have to arrange your own).
- Trent Peterborough Symons Campus: Photos are taken by Miranda Studios, a local Peterborough business that offers either in-studio or on-campus appointments all year. Book an appointment: (705) 742-8338; email firstname.lastname@example.org; web site: www.mirandastudios.ca
- Trent Durham GTA and George Brown Nursing: Photos are taken by New Paramount Studios, toll-free number: 1-877-677-1930. They usually offer sessions on campus. For Durham GTA you can also contact the Trent Durham Student Association (TDSA) at email@example.com.
Take Your Own Photos
The Conference & Hospitality department rents regalia (gowns and hoods). All rental pick-ups will be on Thursdays, between 9 am and 3 pm, at a pre-booked time, with a return the following Monday (or Tuesdays if it is a long weekend) between 8:30 am and 12:30 pm. Please note that regalia is provided to graduates at in-person ceremonies (you do not have to arrange your own).
Bookings are made through the 'Fall 2021 Grad Gown' rental request form on MyTrent under 'services'. Book early to avoid disappointment (October is already booked up!) Due to extra COVID protocols, dates and inventory are limited.
Trent Annual Yearbook
The Trent Annual yearbook is created and managed by Peterborough students (it only collects fees from Peterborough students so is not available for Durham or George Brown students). To have your formal graduation photo appear in the 2021-2022 edition you must have your in-studio photo done by Miranda Studios. Contact the Trent Annual for more questions or Miranda Studios to book a photo appointment.
Celebrate Your Success!
Convocation is the ceremony for the conferral of degrees, diplomas and certificates with traditions rooted in the thirteenth century. But more importantly, it provides the opportunity to celebrate your accomplishments surrounded by family, friends, and the Trent community. Congratulations, you did it!