Gzowski College Certificate
The Gzowski Certificate is designed to reward students for participating in events at Trent University while also demonstrating leadership, cultural awareness, responsibility, and more attributes. Successful students who have met the Certificate requirements will be honoured and will receive a printed certificate at the end of the Gzowski College Awards ceremony.
The Gzowski Certificate program offers four different certificates to students. Each one is designed to cater towards students with different interests.
- Community Engagement and Career Readiness
- Community Engagement and Leadership
- Community and Indigenous Engagement
- Social Innovation, Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
The process to achieve the Certificate
- Sign- up for the Gzowski Certificate: Qualifying Trent Events email for upcoming events that qualify for the certificates
- Attend a required event/activity under the certificate of your choice
- Add the event to your co-curricular record.
- Repeat the 2nd step until you have completed all 6 required events for your certificate
- If you cannot find your event under the co-curricular, fill the following Gzowski Certificate Event Completion Form and we will assist you.
- Once you have attended all the events, apply for the Gzowski Certificate through this form.
What does it involve?
The certificate requires students to attend a minimum of 6 events or activities which will enhance student’s employability and awareness. This includes virtual attendance as well as in person.
There is no time limit for completion. It just needs to be completed before graduation.
The certificate program has 5 categories for event attendance:
· Social Responsibility & Civic Engagement
· Career Readiness
· Cultural Awareness
· Entrepreneurship & Social Innovation.
Each certificate requires students to attend 6 events or activities which will enhance student’s awareness and knowledge. The certificate program can be completed at any time before the student graduates.
All events are categorized into 5 different groups. Here are some examples:
Social Responsibility & Civic Engagement
- Volunteering at Elders Gathering
- Volunteering at 10,000 villages
- Volunteering at Trent Open House
- Volunteering at Gzowski Day of service
- Becoming the Gzowski Fire Keeper
- Attending awareness related events
- Attending Budgeting 101
- Attending mentoring workshop
- Attending workplace expectations for professional behaviour and attitudes
- Attending how to create an effective résumé workshop
- Attending an academic skills appointment / training
- Gzowski Gzowski Cabinet
- TUNA leaders
- O-week leader volunteer
- Leadership position in 10,000 villages
- Being a part of any executive team in a student body group
- Attending Curve Lake Pow Wow
- Attending Elders Gathering
- Attending Shine a Light community lunch
- Attending Pine Tree talk
- Attending Cultural Outreach or any TISA events
- Attending cultural diversity workshop
Entrepreneurship & Social Innovation.
- CEO presentations
- TUNA leaders
- Active Enactus members
- Active Youth Entrepreneurship Society Members
The table below shows the minimum requirements in each category for each certificate:
|Category||1) Community Engagement and Career-Readiness||2) Community Engagement and Leadership||3) Community and Indigenous Engagement||4) Social Innovation, Enterprise and Entrepreneurship|
|Social Responsibility & Civic Engagement||1||1||1||1|
|Social Innovation and Enterprise||3|
|Additional workshops required from any category||3||2||1|
|Minimum number of workshops to complete the certificate||6||6||6||6|