Otonabee College Cabinet
What Is Cabinet?
Cabinet is a student government group that is dedicated towards representing their college community. Passionate and enthusiastic students are elected each year to various positions within cabinet. Each position covers a unique aspect of university life and as a collective group, we are responsible for organizing events, supporting students, and acting as a voice for the student body of the college. Our goal is to engage with students and provide them with fun and positive opportunities to make the most out of their time at Trent.
As each college has its own cabinet, the uniqueness of the colleges can be displayed throughout the school campus. The cabinets attempt to continue the traditions of the colleges. This allows students to participate and contribute to the history of each college while also being able to innovate and make them better.
Being involved in cabinet provides students the opportunity to show their passion and dedication towards the college and its students. Valuable experience is gained by taking on several responsibilities such as organizing events, collaborating with local organizations and acting as a voice within student groups on campus. This develops different traits associated with leadership, teamwork and responsibility.
Members for the 2021-2022 Year
- Casandra (Cassie) Tessier - President
- Shania (Shay) Surujnarain - Vice President
- MK Millard - Secretary
- Ashley Merker - Legislative Member at Large, TCSA Commissioner
- CJ Warner - Senior Treasurer
- Sarah Griffin - Senior Senator
- Annalise Smart - Junior Senator
- Grace Gardner - Senior Communications Representative
- Chloe Ng - Junior Communications Representative
- Madison (Maddy) Curran - Social Representative
- Misti Noel Worden - Social Representative
- Olivia Pickett - Equity and Accessibility Commissioner
- Tamara Mustafa - Chair of Nominations and Appointments Representative
- Meaghan Kemp - Off Campus Representative
- Theodore Nguyen - Off Campus Representative
- Jordon Molto - OC Commissioner
- Kathryn Hawkins - Health, Wellness, and Athletics Representative
- Keeley Cox - Community Representative
- Maia Sitzer - Environmental Representative
- Jonathan Naylor - Symons Residence Representative
- Lisa Guy - Chair
- Sara Beech - Don Representative