Counselling and Appointments
Drop-In -- Cancelled because of COVID-19. Please book an appointment instead.
Half-hour Career Talks and Résumé Critiques are also available as drop-in appointments throughout the academic year. To sign up for a drop-in spot, phone (705) 748-1011 x6012 after 9 a.m. the morning of, or drop by Careerspace.
- Tuesdays in the Student Centre, Third Floor, Suite 3.10.
- Careers -- 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- Resume/Cover Letter/ LinkedIn critiques and Interview Prep -- noon to 2:30 p.m.
Online Bookings System (all appointments will be done online using Zoom or by phone)
Sign in to the Student Experience Portal. Click 'Book Appointments' in the left menu. If you would like a phone appointment instead of a Zoom appointment, please enter "PHONE APPOINTMENT" in the "Reason for Appointment" box. Then continue entering the reason for the appointment.
Critiques (30 Minute Appt.)
- Bring your résumé or cover letter for a thorough critique.
- Check out the online résumé and cover letter resources before your appointment.
- Get feedback on your LinkedIn profile -- Is it professional? Complete?
Career Counselling (45 Minute Appt.)
Why visit a career counsellor?
- Trying to decide on a career path? Career counselling can assist you with the career planning process. You will have the chance to learn more about yourself and the opportunities available. Take the time to explore your interests, skills, values and personality. Check out the online resources before your appointment.
- Need help with your work search? Career counselling can help you with planning an effective work search and learning the fine art of networking.
- Considering further education? Career counselling can help you understand the different educational options available and assist you with the process of applying.
Career Talks (30 Minute Appt.)
- Personal Statement critique
- For quick information on questions such as:
- How do I look for part-time and summer jobs, or volunteering?
- I'm thinking about further education. How do I get started?
Interview Prep (30 Minute Appt.)
Get one-on-one advice on how you can prepare for interviews.