Kids & Youth Programs
April Break Activities
In light of April (March) Break, every day this week we will be posting some fun ideas and activities for youth to do while they are off school!
- Start a week long fitness challenge!
- Do some Yoga!
- Go for a bike ride!
- Create an obstacle course and try to set your best time!
- Go outside and kick a soccer ball around!
Outdoor Adventures (maintain physical distancing)
- Spring is here, and the Birds have returned. Keep a diary of the different types of birds you see. Download an app to help with this - Audubon Bird Guide: North America and eBird are great for this!
- Go for a hike!
- Prep your garden beds for spring planting!
- Go on a Botany Adventure! Bring along a sketchpad and draw some local plants!
- Try your hand at some Origami! Origami is an art form that involves folding paper multiple times to make cool shapes! Check out this website to get started!
- Paint or colour a picture of a nature scene!
- Use empty toilet paper rolls and create your own binoculars
- Art Arena by Deepak
- Try your hand at some homemade Slime!
- Make your own star map and identify some of the constellations at night!
- Try out some cool science experiments!
- Brush up on your history and take a virtual tour of some of the world’s best museums!
- Check out the Royal Ontario Museum’s Kids Show for cool informational videos on a whole range of topics!
Stay safe everyone!
Spring Schools Mini Program
Our spring school mini-camps are offered to elementary school children in grades three through six, and feature a full-day of indoor and outdoor activities to encourage skill development and healthy lifestyles. Teachers and classes can choose modules which complement their current school activities and the interests of the students. Module options include use of the swimming pool, climbing wall, gymnasium and surrounding fields and forests. The camps are available during the months of May and June.
Please contact the camp office for a Teacher Information Guide.
Celebrate with Us!
Take advantage of all that this state-of-the-art athletics centre has to offer. Chose from one of our packages. In the Climb and Swim package, your child and his/her friends will have fun scaling the indoor rock-climbing wall, and then enjoying a group swim.