Pool Rules & Policies
Reconstruction Update: Allan Marshall Pool
The Allan Marshall 25m Pool, a key feature within the Trent Athletics Centre and vital community facility, is slated to undergo a significant reconstruction.
Lane Swim Etiquette
- Please swim in the lane appropriate to your speed.
- Swim on right-hand side of the lane and turn at the end of the lane in a counter-clockwise pattern.
- Leave space between you and the swimmer in-front of you.
- Appropriate bathing attire is required
- All individuals who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper in the pools
- All swimmers must shower with soap and water before entering the aquatic area
- No food, drink or gum is permitted in the aquatic area (only non-breakable containers containing water are permitted)
- Outdoor footwear and strollers are not permitted anywhere on the pool deck (including seating area)
- Those with open wounds or communicable diseases are not permitted in the pools
- No spitting or spouting the pool water
- No running on the pool deck
The use of outside equipment such as inflatable toys, water wings, floating swimsuits, and PFDs are not permitted in the pools. The Athletics Centre has flippers, hand paddles and a variety of equipment available for use. Please contact the Aquatics Centre if you have any questions, 705-748-1432 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Trent Athletics Centre Swim Test Policy
In order to utilize the deep end, including diving board and Tarzan Rope during Public Swims, individuals must successfully complete the Swim Test. Individuals are only permitted to attempt the Swim Test once per swim. Those who are unsuccessful in completing the Swim Test are encouraged to practice and attempt again on another day.
The Swim Test involves a foot first jump into the pool off the deep end wall with a safe recovery to the surface, followed by a 25-metre unassisted front swim (uninterrupted and consistent the full distance) to the shallow end wall without stopping or touching the bottom. Please note that Lifeguards will stop swimmers mid-way through a Swim Test attempt if they become weak or tired.
Age Access Policy
Children ages 6 and under
Must be accompanied in the pool by a parent/guardian who is at least 16 years of age. The parent/guardian must remain within arms reach of the child. Maximum two children per parent/guardian.
Children ages 7 to 9
Have the opportunity to demonstrate comfort in the water by attempting the Swim Test. Those who are not successful in completing the Swim Test must be accompanied in the pool by a parent/guardian who is at least 16 years of age, who remains within arms reach. Maximum four children per parent/guardian. Those who are successful in completing the Swim Test may swim without being accompanied in the pool by a parent/guardian (parent/guardian must remain on the pool deck).
Children ages 10 to 12
Must be accompanied by a parent/guardian who is at least 16 years of age who remains on the pool deck.