Keeping Our Campers Safe
COVID- 19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Measures we are taking:
- To limit the risk of transmission, we have reduced the number of campers per week and the number of camps offered. We have also changed the format of our camps from 2-week sessions to 1-week sessions.
- We will offer 3 camps a week with an age range of 6-12. Camp cohorts will consist of 12 campers and 3 counsellors per camp. Smaller cohorts help the Athletic Centre limit the amount of people in our spaces.
- Programs and activities will be delivered outside as much as possible. If activities will not allow for physical distancing of 2 meters, masks will be required. Activities such as singing or chanting will only be done outside and 3 meters apart.
- Counsellors will be encouraged to wear a mask at all times.
- Daily programs and activities will be designed to ensure for physical distancing.
- Team sports will only be played outdoors with no physical contact.
- In the case of rain, each camp will have a designated space to continue camp activities on campus and stay dry.
- With much of the day spent outside, there will be unlimited access to water refill stations.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
All counsellors will have a safety kit which will include:
- Hand Sanitizer
- Medical Masks (Kid & Adult sizes)
- Medical Gloves
- Eye Protection
- Hand Sanitation:
Counsellors will have their own hand sanitizer, and frequent hand washing breaks will be daily routine in all camps for staff and campers.
Sanitization of Camp Equipment/Spaces:
- Each camp will have their own set of equipment for the week. This will ensure for no cross use of equipment throughout the week.
- Sanitization of all equipment after use as well as disinfecting of all surfaces in high use areas will be in effect throughout the week.
- All campers, staff and visitors of the Trent Athletics Centre will fill out an online screening questionnaire consisting of COVID-19 related questions before coming on site.
- All screenings are logged and recorded.
- Completing the screen before coming on site ensures no persons comes on site with COVID-19 symptoms.
In the event of a potential COVID-19 case at camp or a suspected exposure in either a camper or counsellor Peterborough Public Health will be contacted and their advice will be implemented
In the case of a camper having COVID-19 symptoms during camp hours they will go into isolation located in the Trent Athletics Centre first aid room located on the first floor until a parent or guardian can come pick them up. The first aid room includes a shower, sink, and toilet which allows for the appropriate space for an unwell individual.
Any communication needed in relation to COVID-19 will be distributed through the email provided by parents during camp registration.