Fitness and Programming
All Classes are Free for Students and Members
Online Program Registration Now Open!
Trent Athletics is pleased to announce that we are upgrading our registration software with more online self-serve options for all customers, including online squash bookings. The new software and online registration system is available to all Trent students, community members and individuals/families wishing to register for programs. For more please visit our instructions guide.
As a Trent Athletic Centre member you have full access to a wide-range of group fitness classes. From yoga and Pilates to bootcamp and group cycling, our classes are designed to suit all fitness levels. Each class is taught by a certified, experienced, caring and encouraging fitness professional. Group fitness participants are ensured a safe yet fun class designed to meet your fitness needs and goals.
All group fitness classes are free for community members and Trent University students!
- Drop-in fitness classes are 45-55 minutes in length unless otherwise specified. Group fitness classes are run on a first-come, first-served basis. With the exception of Zumba and Cyclefit, there is no need to sign-up, just drop in and try a class today!
Group Fitness Programs
- With alternating segments of aerobic and muscle conditioning, this high-energy class will push you to new limits. This is a high- intensity workout designed to challenge your whole body.
- Sculpt n' Burn
- A class geared to a variety of fitness levels, this is a great workout high-energy class will push you to new limits. that combines aerobic and muscle conditioning using weights and workout designed to challenge your whole body.
- This class is designed to strengthen and tone core muscles providing a full body workout that maximizes fat and calorie burning - perfect for individuals looking for an effective workout in a short span of time.
- Nia Barre
- This full-body workout will shape leaner, longer muscles. Using the ballet barre and your own body weight, you will be guided through postures inspired by yoga and Pilates. This class focuses on the essentials: alignment, form and safety - with limited cardio or the use of props.
- From beginner to advanced, this high-energy and vigorous aerobic conditioning class will challenge you using a variety of cycling drills to burn calories and keep your muscles in shape. This is a great way to get all the benefits of outdoor cycling indoors. Definitely one of the best cardio activities out there!
- Body Fit
- A full body toning workout. We will make the use of light weights and other equipment. Modifications will be made to accommodate various fitness levels.
- Regardless of your fitness level, you can get a great workout in the water. Your instructor will offer plenty of modifications to increase or decrease the difficulty of the moves, and you’re always free to go at your own pace. Using a flotation belt will help you stay afloat, or you can go without to really keep your heart pumping throughout the class.
- Yoga and Pilates
- In addition to the great line-up of group fitness classes, the Athletics Centre at Trent is proud to offer one of the most comprehensive yoga and Pilates programs in the city. With most yoga classes offered of any fitness centre in the area, all members will be sure to find a yoga class that fits into your schedule.
- Hatha Yoga
- Hatha yoga is a form of yoga that focuses on specific postures and breathing exercises to relieve stress, relax and rejuvenate.
- Gentle Restorative Yoga
- As its name suggests, gentle yoga is less strenuous than other yoga classes and is suitable for those who are looking for a more relaxed form of yoga.
- Pure Pilates
- Focusing on core conditioning and stability, this class combines strengthening, flexibility, mobility and relaxation. A must for anyone looking to find balance in their workouts.