expand search

Academic Advising

Person walking across Faryon Bridge

Academic Advising

Declare/Change Your Major

Students are encouraged to declare their major as soon as possible using the Change of Major form in myTrent. Once you have completed 3.0 credits at Trent, you will be required to declare your major before you can register for courses. If you change your mind later, you can always change your major again in myTrent. You can make an appointment with an Academic Advisor to discuss possible majors and to ensure you are meeting your degree requirements.  For Teacher Education Stream students, changing your major will not remove you from your program.  

Wondering how to declare and/or change your major?

Whether you are declaring your major for the first time, or if you have already declared your major(s) and want to change it, you can use the form in myTrent to do so. Just log into your myTrent account, click on the 'Academics' tab, then scroll down to the 'Forms' heading. There you will see a 'Change of Major' button. You just need to click on it and fill out the form and the change happens instantly. Don't worry, you can always change your mind and fill the form out again if you decide to change your program later. 


myTrent - change of major form