3MT Applications and Resources
Information for Trent 3MT Participants
- The information presented during the Three Minute Thesis Competition must represent the work of the presenter.
- Judges and audience members are not asked to sign non-disclosure agreements. If participants' research is being/has been conducted under contract with an outside sponsor, they should discuss the related contractual terms of confidentiality and intellectual property with their supervisors before presenting the research project.
- All public sessions of the competition, including but not limited to oral presentations, are open to the public at large. Any and all of these public sessions may be broadcast to interested persons through media which may include the Internet.
- Any data or information discussed or divulged in public sessions by presenters should be considered information that will likely enter the public realm, and presenters should not assume any right of confidentiality in any data or information discussed, divulged, or presented in these sessions. This means if your research includes confidential or culturally sensitive material you should think very carefully about how you can present this information. We advise that you discuss your competition entry with your supervisor(s) before entering the 3MT®.
- The School of Graduate Studies and Trent University may make photographs, videotapes, and/or audiotapes of the presentations or material prepared for use in presentation at the 3MT®.
Trent 3MT Videos: Past Winners
- President’s First Prize: Chris Magwood (Sustainability Studies), GHG Drawdown and Carbon Storage in Buildings
- School of Graduate Studies Runner Up and Provost’s People’s Choice Award: Sumiko Polacco (Environmental and Life Sciences), Blood-in-the-Dark: Designing a Forensic Blood Substitute – that glows
- Catharine Parr Traill College Honourable Mention: Anastasia Nepotiuk (Psychology), Chop it Up to Experience: The Structure of Memory in Skilled Experts
- President's First Prize: Eliza Nicholson (Educational Studies) First-Year University Experience: Potential Meets Opportunity
- 2017 School of Graduate Studies First Runner Up: Beverly McClenaghan (Environmental & Life Sciences) Decoding the Diet of a Declining Aerial Insectivore
- 2017 Catharine Parr Traill College Honorable Mention: Brad Daniels (Psychology) Money for Nothing: Perceptions of a Basic Income in Canada
- 2017 Provost's People's Choice Award: Ross Chiasson (Public Texts) Boon or Disease: Vigilantism and Morality in Public Texts
Resources to Help You Create Your 3MT® Presentation
Academic Skills Workshop: Date TBA