One of Canada's top universities, Trent University was founded on the ideal of collaborative learning that's personal, purposeful and transformative.
Trent was founded in 1964.
We're in Peterborough and in Durham:
- 1,450-acres straddling the Otonabee River in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada, a vibrant mid-sized city just 90 minutes from Toronto.
- 6,784 Undergraduate Students
- 480 Graduate Students
- 603 International Students from more than 100 countries
- 308 Self-Identified Indigenous Students
- 83% of Trent students on the Symons Campus are from outside the area
- Our new, modern facility opened its doors to students in September 2010. At Trent University Durham, you will have access to one of the top liberal arts and sciences university educations in Canada.
- 856 Students
Clubs and groups:
- Close to 100 to choose from, including a student-driven co-operative café, Trent Radio, the Trent Film Society, the Trent Fashion Show, the Peterborough Coalition Against Poverty, Trent Meal Exchange, Trent International Students’ Association and more.
- More than 30 International clubs, groups and organizations.
- Choose from programs in 40 countries. More than 140 students study abroad each year.
Varsity Athletics - Trent Excalibur:
- 24 varsity teams and clubs
- Teams include men’s and women’s curling, lacrosse, rowing, rugby, soccer, and volleyball
- Clubs include cross-country and golf
- An award-winning program that includes everything from soccer, volleyball and hockey to inner-tube waterpolo, ultimate frisbee and squash.
Trent Athletics Centre:
- An athletic membership is included in your student fees.
- The AC features a 12,000 sq. ft. cardio loft and weight room, a 28-foot indoor climbing wall, North America’s most advanced indoor rowing tank and much more.