Freeware Program to Analyse Mass Scan Data:
Doran, M.C.and K.L. LeBlanc. 2016. A computer program to simplify analysis of mass scan data of organometallic compounds
from high-resolution mass
spectrometers. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 30:2561-2567.
The software (Winnow.zip) is available at no charge by clicking on the link below. Please read the End User Licensing Agreement (EULA). Important! By downloading the program you agree to the terms of the EULA.
End User Licensing Agreement
How to use Winnow
The WQC Centre offers training courses for those interested in learning about mass spectrometry and its specific applications.
- What instrument should you buy?
- How can it be used?
- What are the basic principles of operation?
- How do you set up your mass spectrometer for your particular requirements?
Learn on one (or more than one) of our many mass spectrometers. Our training courses can be designed to suit your needs - for groups of one to 20 people. Let us put our expertise to work for you!
Our capabilities include:
- analysis of trace elements (e.g., arsenic, iron, lead, cadmium, copper, nickel ,zinc, Rare Earth Elements, uranium) in waters and solids by inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry (ICP-MS)
- metal(loid) speciation (eg., As, Se, Cr) by HPLC- or ion chromatography-ICP-MS)
- stable and radiogenic isotope ratios (e.g., Si, Sr, Hg, U, Pb, Zn) by multicollector-ICP-MS (follow this link for SRM results)
organic contaminant analyses (e.g., estrogens, beta blockers, other pharmaceuticals, personal care products, PCBs, PFOA, PFOS, carbamazapine, volatile fatty acids) by organic MS (follow this link for a list of organic analytes routinely measured by the WQC)
- light stable isotope analysis (13C/12C, 15N/14N, 18O/16O)
- compound specific isotope analysis using GC-CF-IRMS
- determination of biotic metabolites
Our price schedule reflects the funding situation of our different clients and is divided into NSERC funded research, collaborative non-NSERC funded research, and public and private sectors. In addition, prices vary according to the matrix, required preparation and number of samples.
Prices for ICP-MS analyses start at only $15/sample
Prices for δ13C, δ15N, δ18O analyses are competitive!
The Water Quality Centre is open to researchers from other universities and private companies who might otherwise not have access to the highly sophisticated instrumentation we have availalble.
We provide sample analysis and analytical method development to:
The services offered by the WQC are generally unavailable from conventional laboratories.
We will develop new methods of analysis in novel media
and offer competitive prices!
For more information, please contact us.