News & Events
February 11, 2017 - The Ontario Flying Farmers visit the Water Quality Centre
- February 17, 2016. The Nu 1700 Multicollector-ICP-MS is delivered to the Water Quality Centre.
- The Water Quality Centre partners with the Institute for Information on Agricultural Quality and Food Safety in Guiyang, Guizhou Province, China.
- Trent Water Quality Centre staff publish papers helpful to graduate/undergraduate students wanting to use mass mass spectrometry
Newman, K. 2018. Using Ion−Molecule Reactions To Overcome Spectral Interferences in ICP-MS: A Guided Inquiry Approach for Upper-Level Undergraduate and Graduate Students. Journal of Chemical Education
Stock, N.L. 2017. Introducing Graduate Students to High-Resolution Mass Spectrometry (HRMS) using a Hands-On Approach. Journal of Chemical Education 94:1978-1982.DOI: 10.1021/acs.jchemed.7b00569
Stock, N.L. and Raymond E. March. 2014. Hands-On Electrospray Ionization-Mass Spectrometry for Upper-
Level Undergraduate and Graduate Students. Journal of Chemical Education 91:1244-1247.
Graduate students from Nanjing University in China spent a week at the WQC learning about mass spectrometry and specific applications for various instruments.
Learn on one (or more than one) of our many mass spectrometers. Our training courses can be designed to suit your needs - for groups of one to 20 people.
- What instrument should you buy?
- How can it be used?
- What are the basic principles of operation?
- How do you set it up for your particular requirements?
Let us put our expertise to work for you!
- Trent University and the Water Quality Centre, in partnership with the Centre for Alternative Wastewater Treatment at Fleming College, have been awarded $6,374,256 to reach new horizons for research using high resolution mass spectrometry.
See more details