News & Events
February 11, 2017 - The Ontario Flying Farmers visit the Water Quality Centre
- February 17, 2016. The Nu 1700 Multicollector-ICP-MS is delivered to the Water Quality Centre.
- The Water Quality Centre partners with the Institute for Information on Agricultural Quality and Food Safety in Guiyang, Guizhou Province, China.
- The Water Quality Centre's, Dr. Bastian Georg, helped solve a mystery for an episode of UFOs Declassified, a documentary series that aired on the History Channel in January and February 2015. The series investigated former classified top secret files on unexplained UFO sightings and alien encounters, using hard scientific evidence to try to establish what really happened.
Dr. Georg, a specialist in the analysis of trace metal concentrations and isotopic ratios in environmental samples, was approached by the show’s producers to help identify two pieces of newly-found debris from an alleged UFO crash site. Check out Season 1, Episode 4:
- Trent Water Quality Centre researchers publish paper describing a hands-on laboratory experiment for upper-level undergraduate and graduate students to investigate ESI-MS.
Naomi L. Stock and Raymond E. March. 2014. Hands-On Electrospray Ionization-Mass Spectrometry for Upper-
Level Undergraduate and Graduate Students. Journal of Chemical Education
Graduate students from Nanjing University in China spent a week at the WQC learning about mass spectrometry and specific applications for various instruments.
Learn on one (or more than one) of our many mass spectrometers. Our training courses can be designed to suit your needs - for groups of one to 20 people.
- What instrument should you buy?
- How can it be used?
- What are the basic principles of operation?
- How do you set it up for your particular requirements?
Let us put our expertise to work for you!
- Trent University and the Water Quality Centre, in partnership with the Centre for Alternative Wastewater Treatment at Fleming College, have been awarded $6,374,256 to reach new horizons for research using high resolution mass spectrometry.
See more details