Facilities and Grounds Advisory Committee
Terms of Reference and Composition
Terms of Reference
A standing advisory committee to the Vice President, Finance and Administration
- To receive reports from its sub-committees and to facilitate communication among them and the Environmental Advisory Board, as appropriate
- To provide advice to the Vice President, Finance and Administration and the Associate Vice President, Physical Resources on matters related to the conversion of space, changes in facilities, and issues concerning the environment, the University grounds, and the management, protection and use of the University Nature Areas
- To bring to the attention of Senate, through Senate Executive, any matters having educational policy implications
Composition: 11 members
- 5 Faculty, including 1 faculty Senator *
- 1 College Head
- 3 Students
- Vice President, Finance and Administration (Chair)
- Associate Vice President, Physical Resources
*including the Chairs of the Environmental Advisory Board, the Nature Areas committee, and the Space Utilization & Construction Management committee.
This Committee meets during the academic year as required. The Executive Assistant to the Vice President, Finance and Administration serves as Secretary to this committee. For more information on this Committee, email Lindsay Archer.
Research, Ecological Restoration or Biophysical Manipulation
(click for) Application to conduct Research, Ecological Restoration or Biophysical Manipulation
Faculty, staff and students must use this form to apply to conduct Research, Ecological Restoration or Biophysical Manipulation to Trent University Lands, including but not limited to on campus lands, Trent Nature Areas, Oliver Ecological Centre and Windy Pine .
The Facilities and Grounds Committee, as an advisory Committee to the Vice President, Finance and Administration, will review the application and make a recommendation to the Vice President regarding approval of any projects. The Vice President has the authority to approve or disapprove projects.