For a year abroad, you can expect to pay:

  • Trent University tuition and ancillary fees - Department Year Abroad students only pay tuition, and a program fee instead of ancillary fees. Formal exchange students pay both tuition and ancillary fees.
  • Residence or accommodation fees - If you choose to stay in residence you will pay housing fees to either Trent or your host university, depending on the agreement with the school.
  • Cost of extra food - Residences often include a meal plan. However, depending on the frequency of a host's plan, you may require additional meals or snacks.
  • Airfare - The cost of a plane ticket varies by date and destination, but you can generally expect to pay at least $500 for a one-way flight.
  • Medical and travel insurance - Approximately $500 - $800 for a year's coverage.
  • Passport and immigration fees - Approximately $100 - $500, depending on the country.
  • Between-semester expenses - Some residences are closed during breaks between semesters, or charge extra for staying during that time.
  • Miscellaneous - Local transportation, holiday and travel, pocket money, incidentals.

Note: Exchange students also pay a fee of $250 after they've been acceptedDepartment Year Abroad students have an additional program fee (the amount varies between departments.)