Emergency Contact Information
Before going abroad, please provide Trent with
your travel itinerary and contact information. Step-by-step instructions or see
- To do this, first log onto your MyTrent account
- Click on "Academics"
- Under "Study Abroad" click the "Emergency Contact Program"
- Fill in all fields and click "submit"
- You will receive a confirmation email once your information has been
Please ensure that you have included all necessary information
in case of an emergency. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to
contact our office.
In the Event of an Emergency
If you find yourself in an emergency situation,
contact the following:
- Local emergency authorities
- The contact person at your host university
- Your local Embassy/Consulate
- Note for Canadians: on the back page of your passport it
states that if you find yourself in a country with no Canadian office,
application may be made in an emergency to the nearest British diplomatic or
- Global Affairs Canada - travel.gc
- Tel: 1-613-996-8885 (collect calls will be accepted)
- Trent International
- Operating hours: 8:30am - 4:30 p.m. EST
- Tel: 1-705-748-1314
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trent Security (24 hours): 1-705-748-1333
Should a program participant contact Trent University to report
an emergency situation, Trent will coordinate the emergency situation with participants, working with appropriate governmental agenices (i.e. Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development) and other contacts and available means to ensure safety and security. Emergency services provided by the university, include, buy may not be limited to, communication, participant debriefing, media inquiries and counseling.
Trent's Policy and Procedures on Risk Management and Undergraduate Study