Department Description
Section Description - picture description


The Office of the AVP students is the co-ordination point for a range of departments that provide services to students on campus. These services include: academic advising, career counseling, personal counseling, residence and food services, a student health clinic, student accessiblity services, and the Spiritual Affairs coordinator.

Students from each college and association are invited to participate on committees that make recommendations to Student Affairs for operation of these service areas each year. Anyone wanting to become involved in program development or committees is urged to contact the Office of the AVP students via e-mail.

Safety on campus

If you are experiencing a situation that is causing you to fear for your safety on campus, please call Campus Security at (705) 748-1333 or call 911. If you wish to make a security report, please contact


If you would like advice or support on handling an incident of discrimination, or if you would like to report an incident of discrimination please contact the Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Accessibility (CHREA) at 705-748-1011 ext. 7725 or by email at tharrington@trentu.camore information is available here: . You can also contact the Office of Student Affairs for advice at or at 705-748-1011 ext. 7754.

For advice or support about approaching the University with any concerns you may have, you can contact the Trent Central Student Associaiton

If you would like to seek support after being sexually assaulted, please visit for a list of resources. If you have been sexually assaulted within the last 72 hours, during office hours (9:00 am – 4:00 pm) you can phone or visit Health Services clinical team leader, Ruth Walker at 705-748-1481, Blackburn Hall 111. After hours: You can go to the Peterborough Regional Health Centre’s emergency department and ask for the sexual assault on-call nurse.


If you wish to seek counselling: Student Wellness Centre --

If you are an Indigenous student wishing to seek cultural counselling: Betty Carr-Braint, First Peoples House of Learning (FPHL) at 705-748-1011 x 7072 or

Office of the AVP Students
Champlain College, Suite 206
1600 West Bank Drive
Peterborough, ON
K9L 0G2

Phone: 705-748-1011 ext. 7754