- Institutional liaison with external research agencies,
public and private sector partners, provincial and federal granting agencies
- Grant Administration, including preparation, review internal
adjudication (if applicable), institutional authorization, support and signatures,
establishing research accounts, invoicing, financial reporting and audit,
disbursement of funds to collaborators, press releases and communication
- Information for granting and funding opportunities, including
distribution of calls for proposals and negotiation of contracts and award
- Links to other departments and external agencies to negotiate
support of researchers and research programs
- Represent the research community at provincial and national
levels to advocate for support of research;
- Oversee Tri-Council Policies;
- Protect intellectual property of researchers and institution
- Facilitate technology transfer of intellectual property
to private and public sectors
The Office of Research and Innovation is responsible for securing institutional signatures
on all grant applications, contracts, research agreements, etc.
authorized by Trent University to sign on behalf of the institution is Dr.
Neil Emery, Vice President, Research and Innovation.
For additional information, please contact email@example.com