Request for Verification of Enrolment

What is a Verification of Enrolment (VOE)?

A Verification of Enrolment (VOE) serves as an official copy of your registration as a full or part time undergraduate student at Trent University.  This document includes you name, student number, program, how many credits you have completed to date and how many you are currently registered in.  It also clearly states your full time or part time status as well as which year of your program (based on credits) you are in.  This documents bears the signature of the Registrar and the official university seal.

Other names for a Verification of Enrolment

  • Proof of Registration
  • Full Time Letter/Registration Letter
  • Declaration of Attendance
  • Proof of Attendance
  • Proof of Student Status
  • Any combination or similar terms to the above


Why I might need a Verification of Enrolment

  • Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)
  • Bank for a Student chequing account or Student Line of Credit
  • Insurance Provider
  • Government agency such as Service Canada (CPP benefits)
  • High school scholarship committees or other non-Trent scholarships
  • Third-party funding sources including: Band funding, private funding, etc.


Alternatives to the Verification of Enrolment

Some institutions will specifically ask for a Verification of Enrolment from the school. If this is the case then ordering a Verification of Enrolment is the best way to proceed. However, in some cases you may not need an official document.  A free-of-charge option may be:

  • Your student card
  • A self-print out of your timetable (available through your myTrent portal)
  • A self-print of your Statement of Account showing tuition fees charged and paid
  • A copy of your unofficial transcript (found in myTrent)


How to order a Verification of Enrolment

You can order your Verification of Enrolment online by logging in to your myTrent portal.

Log in to the myTrent Portal

Once logged in, go to the “Academics” tab and look for the “Undergraduate Request for Verification of Enrolment”. There is a $14 charge for this. 

The document is printed in the Registrar’s Office at the Peterborough campus but is available for pick up in Peterborough or Durham. 

It can also be mailed out (regular Canada Post or UPS Courier).

Please note if you wish for another individual to pick up your VOE on your behalf, they must be on your Release of Information request form or you can email registrar@trentu.ca (from your trentu.ca email account) to notify the Office of such. 

As the Verification of Enrolment is stamped with official University Seal it can not be faxed or emailed. 

Frequently Asked Questions


If I ordered one last year do I have to order another one?

Yes, you need to order a VOE each year that you would like to have official proof of registration for.

How much does a Verification of Enrolment cost?

A Verification of Enrolment is $14.00.  For each additional copy of the same year, in the same request, is additional $1.00 (i.e., if you order 2 copies of 2016/2017 this will cost you $15.00)

If you would like to order two separate years, each year will need to be ordered on its own form with a cost of $14.00 per year.

How can I pay for my Verification of Enrolment?

You can pay for your order with VISA, Mastercard, American Express or VISA Debit through the myTrent request portal.

How long does it take to process my request and send my VOE?

VOE requests made online through myTrent are typically printed the next business day (under regular volumes)

How long does it take to receive my VOE using Canada Post regular mail?

Please visit the Canada Post website to see the expected delivery time to your area/recipient based off its departure from Peterborough.  

Can I pay extra to have my VOE request expedited?

Yes – The drop-down menu under “Pickup Option” provides two expedited options: Xpresspost-Ontario & Quebec ONLY ($15.00) or Courier-RO ($40.00). 

How do I check the status of my VOE request?

You can check the status of your VOE by logging in to myTrent. Click on the Academics tab, scroll down to Forms, click on "Undergraduate Verification of Enrolment Request" Look for the date in the "date produced" box – if no date appears, then your VOE request is still being processed.

Do I need my student number to order a VOE?

No – By logging in to myTrent, the order form automatically recognizes your unique student ID and inserts it into the VOE request form.


How do I find my student number?

Your student number can be found when you log into myTrent and click on your name in the top right corner of the screen