Trent Radio's Aims
as a Broadcast Licensee
Trent Radio Aims To:
- Maximise diversity of programming.
- Inspire creative contributions
to radio programming.
- Increase awareness of the power
and potential of radio.
- Encourage and inspire a positive
use of radio.
- Encourage empowerment and the
politics of liberation and discourage protectionism and the politics of resentment.
- Formalise its operations so as
to promote fairness, clarity and efficiency in its decisions.
- Encourage access to the facilities
by both the Peterborough area and Trent communities.
- Encourage the production of programming
which reflects both of these communities.
- Encourage co-operation, interaction,
communication and understanding within and between these communities and fully
reflect this radio community to the world beyond.
||John K Muir
The two other main forms of radio in
Canada are public radio and commercial radio. Public radio is represented by the
CBC, which exists to promote
"high" culture and a national identity. Commercial radio exists to create an audience
to be sold to advertisers.
Website design by Ingrid