Finding Aid:

Search the Archives

Fonds Level Description

Accession Number: 98-017

Title

Camp Inawendawin fonds. -- 1936-1992. -- 12.5 cm of textual records. -- 23 photographs.

Biography / History

Camp Inawendawin was established in 1933 as a girls camp. It became a member of the Ontario Camping Association in 1954 and was operated by Mrs. Helena Anderson. The camp closed in 1964.

Custodial History

This fonds was in the custody of Marion Langford before it was donated to Trent UniversityArchives.

Scope and Content

experiences at Camp Inawendawin. Also included are photographs, correspondence, programmes, a song book, and various camp brochures.

Notes

Title based on the creator of the fonds.

This fonds was donated by Marion Langford.

Restrictions: N

Finding aids: Y

For related records see: Ontario Camping Association accessions

Finding Aid

Box 1

Folder:

1: Campers memories from various years

2: Miscellaneous programmes, 1946, 1952, 1953, 1956, 1961, and the Reunion in 1992; Camp Comak Song Book; newspaper clippings and badges

3: Correspondence, 1947 - 1992

4: Photos: campers (some identified with names on the back), 1936 (3); 1937 (1); 1938 (6); 1939 (2); 1949 (3); 1951 (1); 1952 (1); 1953 (1); 1955 (2); photocopies of photos mostly identified from 1950's; Helena and William Anderson, 1970; Reunion, 1992

5: Photos: undated; postcards

6: Essays on Tripping and Sailing

7: Menus for Banquets, 1947-1990

8: Brochures, 1946, 1950, 1952-1954, 1960-1961, 1963

Archival Finding Aids

Creating the Library of the Future - Details about our exciting transformation