Finding Aid:

Search the Archives

Fonds Level Description

Accession Number: 96-007

Title

Fletcher account book. -- 1902-1903. -- 1 item.

Biography / History

Mr. and Mrs. T.M. Fletcher lived in Thornton, Ontario (Simcoe County). Mrs. Fletcher's [1st] husband was Frank Sanford. Sanford owned and operated a furniture factory in Fenelon Falls until the time it burned down (date unknown). It was never rebuilt. The Fletchers donated land for the Ivy Anglican Church in 1918 and at the 60th anniversary of the church, Mr. Fletcher wrote a history of the Fletchers, which was published in the Barrie Examiner in 1963.

Custodial History

The item was in the custody of Mr. and Mrs. T.M. Fletcher before it was donated, via Lorna Crighton, to Trent University.

Scope and Content

This item is an account book, from 1902 to 1903, of a furniture factory owned by Frank Sanford of Fenelon Falls. Also, at the end of the book, several pages are filled with grain accounts. Throughout, many pages are covered with pasted-in pictures from magazines, and a child's drawings. There are also three pages of notes relating to British colonies.

Notes

Title based on the donor of the item.

The front cover is torn and detached.

This item was donated by Mr. and Mrs. T.M. Fletcher via Lorna Creighton on August 18, 1965.

Restrictions: N

Inside the back cover of the account book is a hand-written note by Lorna Creighton. She explains that she is the person who, as a small child, glued in the magazine pictures and drew the illustrations.

Archival Finding Aids

Creating the Library of the Future - Details about our exciting transformation