Finding Aid:

Search the Archives

Fonds Level Description

Accession Number: 91-1004

Title

History of Central Public School, Peterborough, 1860-1960 / R.J. Bolton B.A. -- 1860-1960. -- 1 item.

Biography / History

Central School was the first stone common school built in the Town of Peterborough. It was built on Murray Street in 1860 and due to the increasing number of children enrolling another school was built immediately west of Central School in 1871. (Taken from: "The Illustrated Historical Atlas of Peterborough County 1825-1875." Canada: The Peterborough Historical Atlas Foundation Inc., 1975.)

Custodial History

Unknown

Scope and Content

This item is a 28 page concise history of Peterborough Central Public school with 2 photographs of the building and listings of inspectors, chairmen of the board, principals and teachers.

Notes

This fonds was donated by an unknown source.

Restrictions: N

This fonds is an addition to 83-1005.

For related records see: 86-003 and 89-009.

Archival Finding Aids

Creating the Library of the Future - Details about our exciting transformation