Finding Aid:

Search the Archives

Fonds Level Description

Accession Number: 78-009

Title

Camp Pine Crest fonds. -- 1940-1968. -- 20 cm of textual records.

Biography / History

Camp Pine Crest is a children's camp run by the Toronto YMCA. It was first opened in 1910, and moved to its current location in 1911. The first camp director was E.D. Otter. The camp is comprised of 650 acres (originally only 300 acres) and it is situated on the shores of Clear Lake, Gull Lake and Echo Lake, near Torrence in the Muskokas. Originally, Camp Pine Crest was established as a boys only camp, but in 1980 it became a co-ed camp. The camp still exists today.

Custodial History

The fonds was created by and in the custody of Camp Pine Crest until it was donated to the Trent University Archives.

Scope and Content

The fonds consists of minutes, 1941-1961; reports, 1940-1961; food costs sheets; clippings and brochures relating to Camp Pine Crest.

Notes

Title based on the creator of the fonds.

The fonds was donated by Ivan Robinson of Toronto, Ontario, former Camp Pine Crest Director and Director of the the Toronto YMCA Camping Service.

Restrictions: N

Finding aids: Y

For related records see: 72-007, 78-006, 86-018, 88-006, 89-015, and 92-005.  

Finding Aid

Box 1

Folder

1. Minutes, 1941-45

2. Minutes, 1946-49

3. Minutes, 1947-55

4. Minutes, 1956-61

5. Minutes and reports, 1962-63

6. Yearly reports, 1951-56

7. Camp rehabilitation plan, budgets, correspondence, 1956-61

Box 2

Folder

1. Director's reports, administrative memoranda on staff duties, budgets, financial prospects, camp licenses, history, 1940-68

2. Dietitian's report, 1943; food cost sheets, 1949

3. Director's reports on out trips, 1963

4. Boy's camp handbook, 1949; assorted camp brochures

5. Clippings, 1956

 

Archival Finding Aids

Creating the Library of the Future - Details about our exciting transformation