Finding Aid:

Search the Archives

Fonds Level Description

Accession Number: 02-1002

Title

View of Ashburnham from the Tower of St. John's Church c. 1874 / James Little Photographs courtesy of the Peterborough Museum and Archives. -- 2001. -- 2 items.

Biography / History

The village of Ashburnham was situated in the north-west portion of Otonabee Township in Peterborough County. It is believed that Presbyterian minister, Reverend Samuel Armour, who arrived from Scotland in 1826, was its first settler. Prior to 1904, the village was a municipality of the County of Peterborough; in 1904, it was annexed by the City of Peterborough.

Custodial History

These items were donated to Trent University Archives in 2002 by Ken Brown via Professor Elwood Jones.

Scope and Content

Items are reproductions of photographs depicting a view of Ashburnham from the tower of St. John's Church, c.1874. The View was constructed from two James Little photographs located at Peterborough Centennial Museum and Archives. One item is a print identified as proof number 9/10; the other is a reduced copy of the View with attached legend showing the names of the buildings.

Notes

Title based on the printed title of the items.
These items were acquired from Ken Brown in 2002.
Restrictions: N
For related records see: 84-010, 93-008, 94-001, and 01-1024.
Items located in the Large Materials Cabinet - Drawer 41.

Archival Finding Aids

Creating the Library of the Future - Details about our exciting transformation