A few more facts: Trent University Archives...
- has 9285 cubic metres of textual material, 42,000 photographs, 550 reels of microfilm, 1620 sheets of microfiche, 858 maps, 1049 audio and video tapes, plus newspapers, drawings and audio-visual records.
- provides a reading room for researchers; complete guides to all the holdings; a comprehensive Web site; research advice; photocopying and other document reproduction as appropriate; reference books and much more.
- is open to all members of the public and the university community - without charge; the holdings have provided primary evidential and informational research material for numerous books and articles.
- is an active member of the International Council on Archives, Association of Canadian Archivists, and the Archives Association of Ontario.
- adheres to the principles of professional archival management including: the employment of professional staff; adherence to professional practices and protocols such as R.A.D.; participation in professional archival networking initiatives such as ARCHEION and ARCHIVES CANADA; having written policies on acquisition, arrangement, description, preservation and disaster planning; maintaining secure and environmentally protected premises for the preservation of our holdings; maintaining regular hours for researchers wishing to visit our reading room.