Welcome, Leaders of all Kinds!
Applications are now closed for the 2017-18 academic year.
Are YOU Ready to Make an IMPACT?
IMPACT is an innovative and exciting leadership program, grounded in the Social Change Model of leadership development (SCM). Within the Social Change Model, leadership development is values based, socially responsible, collaborative, and oriented toward positive social change.
Is IMPACT for Me?
IMPACT is a leadership program open to all students at Trent University.
IMPACT is for students who wish to engage in self-exploration and personal development, learn to work collaboratively with others, and develop a sense of citizenship through community engagement.
IMPACT is for students who believe in the power of leadership to affect positive social change.
IMPACT is an inclusive program and is welcoming to individuals of all ethnic backgrounds, orientations and abilities.
How Does IMPACT Work?
Students must apply to join the Impact Program. If accepted, students must be able to attend a day-long opening retreat, five leadership-themed workshops, a mid-year weekend retreat, and and end-of-year closing retreat.
In addition, students will complete a volunteer placement with an organization at Trent University or in the Peterborough Community. Placements will be coordinated by the Office of Student Transitions and Careers.
Upon completion of the program, students will be issued a Certificate of Completion, and will be supported in articulating transferrable skills and experience into a job application.
Important Dates for 2017-18:
Application deadline is Tuesday, October 3rd at 4 pm.
Successful applicants will be notified by Thursday, October 5th.
Program participants must be available to attend/complete the following:
1) Opening Retreat - Sunday, October 15th, 9 am-4 pm
2) Four Leadership Development Workshops - option to attend on Wednesday evenings (7:30-9:30 pm) or Thursday mornings (9:30-11:30 am)
- November 1st or 2nd
- November 15th or 16th
- November 29th or 30th
- January 10th or 11th
3) A Leadership Retreat at Camp Kawartha from 5 pm on Friday, November 10th to 1:30 pm on Sunday, November 12th.
4) Twenty-five hours in a community service learning placement between the beginning of January and the end of March - hours will vary depending on the student's schedule and the needs of the host organization.
5) Closing Retreat - Sunday, March 25th, 9 am-4 pm
There will be a $100 fee to participate in the IMPACT program, with a limited number of subsidized positions available to students in financial need.