Welcome to the Instructional Development Centre
The Instructional Development Centre supports faculty, graduate students and staff in their teaching-related roles at Trent University.
The mandate of the Centre is to encourage excellence and innovation in teaching and learning and to apply new technologies to enhance Trent's traditional emphasis on student-centered learning.
To achieve this mandate, the Centre:
- Provides a forum in which the instructional community is invited to exchange ideas and information on professional development, pedagogical techniques and effective teaching practices through the Teaching Effectiveness Program.
- Provides graduate students with a voluntary program of teaching development through the TA Training Certificate Program.
- Provides administrative support for internal teaching awards.
- Hosts an annual Celebration of Trent Teaching Excellence to honour and recognize all recipients of internal and external teaching awards.
- Provides a support structure for innovation pedagogy through the administration of the Learning Innovations Grant.
- Creates learning opportunities by involving students in project development.
- Maintains a web site and houses a collection of resource materials.
The Instructional Development Centre values the input of faculty, students and staff and welcomes suggestions and comments.