Reporting the Death of a Pensioner

To advise the death of a pensioner, please contact the Department of Human Resources:


Denise Fernandes

Pension Plan Co-ordinator
(705) 748-1011, ext. 7074


  • We will require a copy of the death certificate or the Funeral Director's Statement of Death, as soon as this document is available.
  • If there will be a monthly pension continuing to a spouse or beneficiary, we will also need to know:
    • Social Insurance Number of spouse or beneficiary;
    • Address for spouse or beneficiary;
    • Bank account to which the payment should be made: a "void cheque" is required for a change from the current deposit account on file.