Reporting the Death of a Pensioner
To advise the death of a pensioner, please contact the Department of Human Resources:
Pension Plan Co-ordinator
(705) 748-1011, ext. 7074
- We will require a copy of the death certificate or the Funeral Director's Statement of Death, as soon as this document is available.
- If there will be a monthly pension continuing to a spouse or beneficiary, we will also need to know:
- Social Insurance Number of spouse or beneficiary;
- Address for spouse or beneficiary;
- Bank account to which the payment should be made: a "void cheque" is required for a change from the current deposit account on file.