Join the Conversation

Career Centre on Facebook Career Centre on Twitter Career Centre on LinkedIn

Quick Links

Career Centre Newsletter



Frequently Asked Questions

How do I hear about summer funding programs?

Keep an eye on the Faculty/Staff Portal for notice of upcoming funding deadlines.  Funding deadlines and applications will also be posted on the Career Centre's Faculty & Staff Funding webpage.

How do I hear about TWSP or TI funding programs?

Calls for funding applications will be advertised on the Faculty/Staff Portal.  Further questions, contact Financial Services and TI respectively.

What is TWSP?

Funding for TWSP is set aside by Trent University in order to assist in meeting the financial needs of full-time students. In distributing these funds we are obligated to ensure that funded positions encourage self-help and self-development and give students a way of enhancing their resumes in preparation for the transition to full-time employment.

In order to be eligible to work under TWSP students must be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident of Canada (landed immigrant), or a Protected Person and have a demonstrated financial need, which can be determined by receipt of OSAP or the funding program of another province or territory, or other like program.

Find out more about TWSP »

What is TI?

Approximately 700 international students will be studying at Trent University this year. Many of these students will be hoping to secure part-time jobs to help with the costs of their education.

International students are allowed to work in Canada on-campus and off-campus under their valid Study Permit. All study permits should state that the student may accept employment in Canada. Should the student be missing this statement, they are eligible to apply for an amendment.

Since full-fee paying international students have financial need but are not eligible for TWSP-subsidized on-campus positions, Trent International offers subsidies to Departments, Colleges, Administrative Service Units, Faculty, etc. interested in hiring international students during the academic year.

Find out more about TI »

Should all on-campus jobs be posted on the Student Job Board?

Yes, we encourage this as we tell students to look for jobs here.

How do I access the Student Job Board?

Login to the Job Board using your Trent log-in or access it through myTrent and click on the "Student and Alumni Job Board" link under "Campus Support". 

How do I post a job?

See our online instructions.

What happens once my job is posted?

All jobs are reviewed by the Career Centre at the end of the day and posted. In the case of TWSP and TI, you have to apply directly to TWSP or TI for funding through an application form found on myTrent. Once you’ve applied for funding, you can use the Student and Alumni Job Board to recruit for your position. We advise all jobs that are funded through TWSP/TI be posted on the Student and Alumni Job Board with the line "This position is subject to funding approval."  You will be able to recruit for the position and have candidates ready to go in case your request for funding is approved.


How do I re-post jobs?

If you have posted a specific job in a previous year, you can repost it by clicking on the "Repost" link. Make sure you scroll over to the far left of the screen under 'My Job Postings' tab.  All your previous postings will be listed, so you can click the "Repost" link next to the job you want to repost.