Student Supports and Student Life: Peterborough
Trent offers many services that address academic and personal needs of students. Co-curricular activities, many of which are listed below under Student Life, offer students additional educational opportunities.
Select a category:
- Academic Advising: provides students with the opportunity to build a relationship with an advisor for the purpose of gaining assistance in planning their educational career, in understanding their responsibilities toward academic success, and in learning how to access Trent’s resources and services.
- Academic Skills Centre: grammar and composition; listening and notetaking; critical thinking; oral presentations; research and citation; exam preparation; time management; mathematics
- Career Centre: career planning; work search strategies; skills identification; networking; résumé writing; interviewing; “What can I do with my Trent degree?”; free MLS career course
- Course instructors: contact information and office hours are listed on your course syllabi
- Information Technology: Trent email; MyTrent; MyLearningSystem; airTrent; technical support; virus information; computer labs; WebStatistica
- Library: Ask a Librarian; research support; e-resources; databases; library skills tutorials; books and journals; audio-visual (media) collection; reserves; study rooms; interlibrary loans
- Peer Mentoring: study groups; one-on-one mentoring (guidance from a student who has completed the course successfully—note: not tutoring)
- Registrar's Office: admissions and recruitment; academic records; registration; financial aid; transfer credits; letters of permission; transcripts
- T.I.P. (Trent International Program): orientation camp; international student guidebook; international activities; study abroad; internship resources; Trent ESL; World Affairs lecture series
- Counselling Centre: personal counselling; life management series; virtual pamphlet collection
- Financial Aid: scholarships; bursaries; awards and prizes; student loans (OSAP, Canada Student Loans)
- Health Services: treatments for minor illness and injuries; immunization;, allergy shots; wellness and nutritional counselling
- Athletics: varsity sports; athletic clubs; fitness classes; intramural sports; aquatics instruction; physiotherapy; jobs
- Student Government: Trent Central Student Association; College Cabinets; Julian Blackburn College Students' Association
- Housing: college residences and apartments; living and learning communities; residence services; involvement opportunities; residence policy and contract; off-campus housing
- Impact: certificate program that prepares students to assume leadership roles at Trent and beyond
- Parking: parking map; regulations; fees
- Security: emergency response procedures; Emergency First Response Team; Walkhome program; personal security; emergency phones
- Study Abroad: funding; resources; eligibility; orientation for studying abroad
- Tuition Schedule: tuition fees; financial deadlines; fee calculator; refund schedule; payment methods. The best way to calculate your tuition fees is to access the Fee Calculator from within your myTrent account.